Okhai Memon Jamat Khana
It is traditional among Memon Community to live in the form of tribes. In 1880 when Okhai Memon Jamat Khana was build there was no Head Office for it. At that time Memon families lived in Kharadar only.
Firstly, office was to be a room near Okhai Memon Masjid later it was to be shifted in Okhai Memon School.
From 1934-1938 ,the problems of the Memon society were solved by Sir Haji Abdullah Haroon boarding house, Khadda. In 1938 many Memon families started living in this society. Seeing the growing population there the elders of the society decided to build a community hall so that people can celebrate their happy and sad moments. With the help of Sir Haji Abdullah Haroon, Jamat Kahana was constructed in 1938. After it was build, the Head Office was shifted there.
In 1989, the building of Jamat Khana became distressely afflicted. To re-construct it the work was divided into 3 part.
First they started to work at back side, which did from 13-Jan-1983 to 26-Oct-1989 in 1990 seeing poor condition of community hall it was re-constructed and opening ceremony was held on 30 September 1991 in 1993 they gave facility of decoration also.
In 2003, due to over population of Memon Community in Gulzar-e-Hijri, Hussainabad and Gulshan-e-Iqbal, the Head Office was shifted to Hussain Ebrahim Sports Complex, Hussainabad.
Okhai Memon Jamat Khana Committee 2011-13